And while we intuitively know that if we felt better about our bodies we’d feel better and be happier in life, we unfortunately trick ourselves into believing that the ONLY way we can love our bodies is to change them or wait until they arrive at a certain state.
In fact, this approach makes it harder for your body to find it’s ideal form, because that kind of self judgment and anxiety leads to stress chemistry, which actually signals our bodies to STORE weight!
Truly, the only way to get the body you want is to love the body you have. That doesn’t mean giving up, it means accepting and nourishing what is. Plus it just feels a hell of a lot better. You’ll only ever have the body you have TODAY (the body you’ll have tomorrow is an illusion).
Here are my top ten ways to start to nurture the relationship with your body now – I promise you, your body will thank you.
2. Give your body at least one gift every day:
3. Look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment.
4. Receive a compliment! (Just say thank you!)
5. Try a new form of movement just for pleasure, what would feel good to your body?
6. Spend time in nature, pay attention to the sights, sounds and smells.
7. Seek out friends with positive body image – who do you know, admire?
8. Refuse to engage in “Fat talk,” come up with a few subject changers to keep in your mental toolbox.
9. Go without makeup for a day. Appreciate your naturalness.
10. Explore the concept of Radiance. what makes you feel radiant and how can you cultivate that today?